Followers

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

View from the Badhotel

Painting at Schildersweek
in Domburg.
View from the Bad Hotel
looking across the lawn.
I'm going back today to watch Montmarte all afternoon.
The dancers are super tangoistas.
I like to watch the painters making portraits.
 
acrylic, 12"x24"
 
The view from the Badhotel looking beyond the lawn
to the house across the street.
I painted this in two and a half hours
as I participated in Sunday Painters.
This event is held for one week in the town of Domburg,
home of artists colonies over the past century.
The event was resurrected ten years ago'.
It is still a mecca for artists
and about five miles
from where  I live in Oostkapelle.
I'm going back there today to watch the painters if
it doesn't rain. 70% chance. You never know.
It is indpiring me which I needed.
 
 

 
 
 


7 comments:

Little Wandering Wren said...

I hope the rain held off for you! I was expecting a Basil Fawlty report not a lovely painting and view from Bad hotel - which looks rather lovely :)
Wren x

carol l mck said...

What a name for a Hotel ~ great for B and lovely painting ~ Happy Weekend to Jenny ~

artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

Susan Anderson said...

Very nice! Can't believe you created that in two hours.

=)

Lmkazmierczak said...

Wonderful result...hope you had a great trip back♪
http://lauriekazmierczak.com/backstop/

Annesphamily said...

An unusual name for a hotel! Hee Hee! Love the beauty here. I love all the creative and talented hearts I meet blogging. Enjoy your weekend!

Jenny said...

Thank you all for your nice and fun comments. It is interesting to see what others think of your posts. xo Jenny

Jenny said...

Me again!

This is a beautiful snippet of loveliness!

Two hours?

Wow!

You are quite talented!

Thank you for linking.

A+