Followers

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Get Over It.....Just Quit.

 This one has been a long journey.
Three months it's taken me to become satisfied enough with it
to sign my name.  It's finished or I quit.
 
These two photos taken with my android Phone.

 
 
What began as a quick, alla prima painting taking many twists and turns.
It reflected my state of being these past three months.
 
 
April, the beginning
 
My favorite and I should have
left it alone. But the realist in me has a constant  
battle with the expressionist.
 

May, contrasts added but the blacks were a Mistake.
Here is where I started to overdo the painting thinking it needed
more depth.

June, thought I needed more contrasts. I used a
palette knife in this one for texture.
I was wrong.
Ugh!
 
Ever determined to get it right I kept on with my colors.
Late June, I took out the darks and replaced them
with dark green midtones.
I am satisfied now but it has been a struggle.
Never has a painting taken me so long.
 
You have a dozen children and all are fine except one.
You don't quit until you find the solution
for the problem child. This is mine.
That is the artist and teacher
in me.
 
 
 
 

 


 

4 comments:

Lynne said...

Very interesting . . . quite the journey you are on . . . I imagine you find that your intimate interior thoughts and feelings emerge in your artistic expressions . . . I send my caring in your journey. Making decisions seem to give one the freedom to begin again . . .

Helen Campbell said...

Oh Jenny, what a tumultuous time for you! This is a lovely expressive painting and now that it's done, you will be moving on to a new fresh canvas. Hugs!

GranthamLynn said...

On to the next one!

Jenny said...

Thank you all for your encouraging thoughts. xo Jenny